Waste Management

Waste Management

Today, managing waste is a 55 billion dollar industry. In 2014 the Waste Management Society of Nigeria (WAMASON) stated that Nigeria generates 65 million tons of garbage annually. While less than 2% gets recycled or composed. The remaining 98% of waste is thrown into garbage landfills, rapidly reaching capacity. These figures did not include hazardous waste generated by industries. In the same year, WAMASON put the total hazardous waste generated per year at 2.6 million tons, including both medical and sewage wastes. Today those numbers have increased by 15% – 20% across the nation.

Our program initiative will address the waste management infrastructure that could recycle the 65 million tons of garbage annually in Nigeria by providing a proper waste treatment and disposal approach that would protect the environment and mitigate the impact of Climate Change creating a circular economy from waste.

Stratus Waste Management and Biomass/Waste-to-Energy solutions

Our innovative methods will address inadequate waste management (collection & disposing of raw materials) concerns, residential and commercial – corporate, and industrial waste turns into resource recovery, establishing a capacity building, electricity supply, and empowerment programs across operating locations.

Stratus waste management solutions will mitigate abandoned waste, air pollution, in both surface and groundwater which prevents an increase in water-borne diseases and reduces greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.

Offering a clean environmental friendly disposal system for:

  • Municipalities
  • Residential
  • Commercial
  • Construction of a waste management facility
  • Collection of all municipal solid waste (compact)
  • Landfill structural building
  • Rubber Waste
  • Wooden Railroad Splinters
  • Plastic Recycled Waste

Electricity generation to serve eligible customers using Off-the-grid and On-grid solutions

Alternative environmental friendly energy supply to:

  • Municipalities
  • Hospital
  • Industrial Complexes
  • Apartment Complexes
  • Commercial Complexes
  • Retail Complexes

Our initiative renders services for the collection and disposal of municipal solid waste (MSW).

We construct a modern waste-to-energy facility.

We design, install & build, own, operate, manage and transfer.

We will provide residential and commercial premises with customized bins and skip containers at strategic points within the municipalities with a scheduled waste collection period all year round.

Our initiative will combat sanitation, waste management, resource recovery, waste to energy, to address climate change mitigation and adaptation measures, and reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions. 

Stratus Consult Limited is here to create a healthy and environmentally friendly industrial hub for sustainable economic growth across project locations.

Other Services

  • Restoring Arid and Semi-Arid Region

    Nopal-Cactus Carbon Sequestration Initiative Our Carbon Capture Storage (CCS) system initiative is developed to assist the government in creating the necessary enabling environment, developing policies, achieving carbon management, and carbon

  • Waste Management

    Waste Management Today, managing waste is a 55 billion dollar industry. In 2014 the Waste Management Society of Nigeria (WAMASON) stated that Nigeria generates 65 million tons of garbage annually.